Friday, May 3, 2013

A Farewell to the Old, and a Welcome to the New!



Hello, and welcome to Blog 3.Oh!, I'm Ruben Rascon, you might remember me from such productions as the Captain M Show, Aspect Ratio, and Augmented Reality Online Magazine.  It's been a long and winding road since the disbanding of Augmented Reality Online Magazine, and although some of Augmented Reality's contributors will be contributing to Blog 3.Oh!, we do plan on doing things a little differently than previously.  Think of it as "new blog; new menagement, same good old taste!"



(sighs and removes glasses) Okay, I'll be honest with you... (puts glasses back on) Since September, with the end of EPCON 2012, and the disbanding of Augmented Reality Online Magazine, it gave me a lot of time to reflect on things, such as the people I worked with on a weekly basis, event coverage, and my overall presence in the geek-centric community in El Paso.  While I still enjoy convention-going, such as the recent Sun City Sci-Fi, and the upcoming FAL-Con, I felt that I needed time to kick back and actually attend (albeit while still actually contributing to) these conventions, and enjoy them for what they are.

Not very many know this, but during my involvement on the Captain M Show, and more recently Augmented Reality Online Magazine, it transformed from something fun we did on a weekly basis into a business, ran by a bitter, self-loathing individual who made event coverage obligatory, and a constant anxiety-inducing stressor.  In fact, it was more present during the last two months of Augmented Reality Online Magazine's life.

While it was a hard experience, I did learn from it and realized that you cannot call just anybody your friend, especially when it was a mutual business partnership since the beginning.

It also brought me and my friends closer, along with my involvement with Adversary Comix, one of El Paso's comic book guilds of authors and artists, and while I will say that it's all a learning process, I welcome you all to Blog 3.Oh!, so sit back, and enjoy as we enter a new chapter of articles, videos and event coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment